Ensalada de Lentejas
This lentil salad recipe is very easy to follow and produces a lovely, tasty salad. It should be prepared the day before eating or at least a few hours before to allow all the flavours to be absorbed.
- 250g of green lentils
- 1 small onion peeled and halved
- 1 carrot peeled and halved
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled
- 1 bay leaf
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of onion chopped very, very finely
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons red pepper chopped very very finely
- freshly ground black pepper
Wash and soak the lentils the night before.
Drain the lentils and put them with the onion, carrot, garlic and bay leaf into a large pot and add plenty of water and some salt. Bring this to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer with the lid on for about 20 or 30 minutes until the lentils are soft.
Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water to cool the lentils down. Throw the onion, garlic and bay leaf away. Dice the carrot into small pieces and mix with the lentils in a salad bowl.
Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together and pour over the lentils. Stir the salad and leave it to stand for at least couple of hours to absorb the flavours.