If travelling on a budget is not your primary concern then touring Spain in a private vehicle with your own driver is the way to go. This exclusive service offers you absolute flexibility to do exactly what you want when you want. There are no tour groups and no fixed schedules, just your own small group and an itinerary designed exclusively for your visit. Once you arrive you can sit back and relax as your driver escorts you around this fascinating country introducing you to official local tour guides in certain cities or monuments when required.
You can choose to travel as a couple in a small vehicle with a driver or create your own small tour group. All group sizes and itineraries can be catered for.
What’s Included in a Private Spain Tour?
Every private tour is different so specific details of trips will be arranged during the planning process. However, the following characteristics are fairly typical of all trips:
- You will be collected at a pre-arranged destination by an English speaking driver..
- All travel within Spain and Portugal is included in the agreed price with unlimited mileage.
- All the preparation of your tailor-made itinerary is done in advance & agreed before payment is made.
- All accommodation in quality hotels will be pre-booked according to your requirements.
- Entrance tickets can be pre-booked where necessary such as to Granada’s Alhambra Palace.
- Various official tour guides can be pre-booked for particular monuments such as Granada’s Alhambra Palace.
- Your vehicle will be under constant vigilance whilst you are sightseeing and having lunch to ensure the safety of your luggage.
Fully Licensed Drivers
Driver-Guides do not exist in Spain in the way they do in other countries. Therefore, drivers are not licensed to give tours within monuments on your tour. Having said that you’ll find that all our friendly, English speaking drivers have a good general knowledge about the destinations included in the tour and will be happy to share their knowledge with you. All our drivers are fully licensed by the Spanish transport authorities to carry out private tours.
Official Tour Guides
Spain is divided into 17 autonomous regions each of which has a local government. Tour guide licences are granted to a limited number of people in each region which allows them to offer official guided tours of particular monuments within their region. We only work with official, licensed guides who we hand pick to provide you with their specialised services on this tour.
If you can only visit one region of Spain go to Andalucia. Parts of this historic land were under Moorish rule for 700 years, a legacy which is evident from the architecture of its towns and cities where former mosques have been converted into churches and cathedrals. The region is home to the great cities of Seville, Granada and Cordoba which should be on the ‘to do list’ of everyone visiting Spain. It is home to flamenco, bullfighting, sherry and tapas, everything that the outside world considers “typically Spanish”. [More Info]
To help us understand precisely what you’re looking for please complete the Private Tours Enquiry Form and one of our tour specialists will contact you directly.